In the instructions for this project I suggest gluing a heart shape to the bear's paws, but really you could change that little piece of paper and make this card suit other occasions. For a baby shower, make the card in blue, pink, yellow, and green. Then let the bear hold a pair of baby booties. For a birthday, he could have one of those pointed party hats and a present to hold. As a christmas card, he could wear a Santa hat and hold a candy cane. The possiblities are endless...
- Colored Construction Paper
- Printout of Bear Card Instructions
- Crayons, Felts, or Pencil Crayons
1. First you will need to print up the pieces. Then cut out the bear parts and color them.
2. Using the long skinny piece as a pattern, cut out 8 strips of paper (four light brown, four dark brown) to be made into the arms and legs. Fold the paper strips together as shown in the folded thingy instructions.
3. Take a piece of construction paper and fold it in half. Glue the body of the bear to the card front. Next glue the folded thingies (the arms and legs) onto the bear. Glue the feet onto the ends of the legs and the heart onto the front feet. Thats it. Now all you need to do is put your special message inside and give it to someone you love.